Monday, July 12, 2010

24 hours and counting

It's Monday morning...Monday mornings are always hard, but today is especially difficult. It could be due to the fact that I woke up at 1 AM by a storm and not being able to fall back to sleep until 4 AM or it could be that I haven't had solid food in over 24 hours, actually more since I quit eating Saturday night...so I'd say more like 32 hours of no food. It could be a mixture of both, but I am concerned because I can't really focus and I have a very busy week at work. A week that requires me to focus and not make mistakes. Well, I suppose every week should be that way, but ya catch my drift. I guess being busy might help in the no eating since I won't be bored and envisioning my keyboard as a steak or something.

The detox diet did state that there is some emotional release that can occur in addition to the physical detox during the fasting process. So far I think my emotions have been steady, but when I woke up last night, I could not get my mind to settle down. I usually can relax enough to fall back to sleep, but that was very challenging...obviously since it was 3 hours of tossing and turning! Technically 40 hours to go in the 3-day fasting process....yikes!

Signing off to get to work....still sipping tea!

1 comment:

  1. As your mother, I do NOT like this. Do NOT do 5 days! PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete