Friday, July 9, 2010

Detox Diet or Starving?

Well, today a thought occurred to me that I have been eating HORRIBLY for oh, let's say 5 years, but mostly recently the last few months. Some of the bad eating habits are part convenience, part lazy, and part that bad food is soooo good! A big cheeseburger, a stack of delicious pancakes on a Saturday morning or a Dairy Queen Blizzard as a special treat....so irresistible!

So, if one wants a lifestyle change in regard to food choices, where does one begin? For me, I need a clean slate! So, I talked to my chiropractor, who is also a friend of mine, and he suggested this detox that he sells at his office and prior users have seen dramatic results. More energy, body is more toned, better skin, more focused, the list goes on and on. In addition to the product, I also have to follow a relatively strict diet. No, it's not one of those "Lose 30 pounds in 10 days" type of detox. If you're curious, just Google "ClearVite-SF" for more information on what this detox does. This isn't about weight loss, though that would be a perk, it's about getting back to the basics! Decluttering my body so to speak. He told me to get online and find out the exact instructions and also read the booklet he provided me. I was so excited when I left his office, I thought come Monday that I'd jump right into this Detox program and be on my way to a healthier lifestyle...yeah, go figure, I was wrong. I pretty much have to detox before the detox. No pancakes for me tomorrow morning!

Knowing Mike and me, this is going to be relatively comical over the next month. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Mike will be joining me in the detox plan. I don't think he should do the 3 day fasting with his type of job, so he'll begin at a later date. I know this blog is supposed to be about what's going on with Mia and such and I'll try to throw in some Mia stories, but I think having this blog while detoxing will help me hold myself accountable since I'm sharing this journey with others.

Tomorrow begins day 1. Fruits, veggies, and water only! Apparently you have to starve before you fast. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment